- Rob as I walk in the door with some grocery bags: What did you get at the store?
- Me: Mostly sandwich stuff.
- Rob: Is that what you want for dinner?
- Me: Yeah. For some reason, I just kept thinking about roast beef sandwiches at work all day.
- Rob: Me too! Actually, I was just thinking about roast beef and then I kept looking up pictures of roast beefs on my phone.
Is it wrong that when I found out last night that my dad is in some sort of rehab/jail thing, I was mainly just disappointed that he’s not dead?
I thought my cold was going away until last night when my cough got 100x worse. Then all day today, I felt like I wasn’t able to get a full, deep breath. Which is totally worrisome. So, I left work early and went to a Walgreen’s clinic to make sure it wasn’t settling in my chest or turning into bronchitis. Luckily, it’s just a lot of inflammation caused by exhaustion and irritation. The irritation causes coughing, which causes the inflammation, which makes things more irritated, which makes me cough more. So the doctor wrote me a script for a better cough medicine.
Then, while I was sitting in the waiting room, waiting to be seen by the nurse or whatever, my grandma called to tell me that my other grandma died. The grandma who is the person I consider to be my parent is the one who is still alive. There was a lot of dumb family drama that Grandma A was involved in that is just going to go unresolved forever now.